Friday 29 October 2010

AS Research and Planning: Questionnaire Music Magazine Results.

Here are the results of the questionnaire I designed in correspondance to my music magazine. I asked twelve girls and eight boys, as I have already sustained my magazine will target females:

The results of this question sustains that consumers are willing to spend £3-4 on a good quality music magazine. I therefore need to ensure great quality when making my magazine.


These results infer that the majority of the consumers asked said they prefered simple and understated magazine covers. I need to ensure that my front cover isn't too vibrant.


These results sustain that consumers wich to have an equal amount of images and text on the content page.


We can infer that the majority of consumers asked are frequent purchasers of music magazines.


The most popular colour scheme is pink, yellow and orange. This is feminine and female orientated- my target audience.


The majority of those asked prefer to see women on their front cover, but men are a popular choice too. The main image should be of a women but inside should contain photos of men.


The most popular layout convention is having the masthead behind the image. I aim to do this for my music magazine.


From these results we can infer that consumers prefer to see image beside interviews to help illustrate. I aim to do this in my double page spread interview.

With relevance to the first question, consumers prefer the magazine to be simple and understated.

From these results I can infer that the majority of those asked wanted a glossy magazine cover. I aim for my front cover to be glossy.

1 comment:

  1. Sophie, fantastic questionnaire and its great to see you uploading results.

    Can you briefly write about each graph and how this information will help with the planning of your music magazine.

    Miss Brown

    ReplyDelete