Tuesday 19 October 2010

AS Construction: Preliminary School Magazine Mock Up Final

I am really pleased with my final contents page for my school magazine. I like the lack of colour I have used as I believe when it comes to contents less is more, as contents are merely for guiding the reader toward pages, not revelling at colours and thousands of photogrpahs. I also like the font I have used, which is Adobe Caslon Pro. The reason I used the font is that it doesn't look trashy, but sophisticated and easy to read. It also goes with my 'less is more' mantra, it goes nicely with my plain background. There is nothing I'd wish to improve as I am very happy with the result and I don't think I could add much more.

The reason I used images is to spice up the contents page so it doesn't look too plain, as it appeals to people who prefer to learn and read through pictures. The photos are all taken in school, so they are relevant to the magazine. The reason I put them at the top of the page is that they do not interrupt the contents and don't look too spaced out, as this will look messy.

I used capital letters for the heading as due to the smooth font, it doesn't appear harsh and 'shouty' when using capital letters, I spaced out the heading of contents as I like the effect it shows and I have seen commonly used in magazines.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic Sophie. I am very impressed with this layout. Remember to write a few comments. What do you like about it? Why did you put the images at the top? Why did you use captital letters for the heading? Well done.

    ReplyDelete