Tuesday 5 October 2010

AS Construction: School Magazine Preliminary Task Final


This is my completed work from our preliminary task- designing a front cover for a school magazine. I have used a portrait of a mid shot of the view of the school from the field. I have positioned the camera in the grass so that it points up toward the building. The effect of this is that the school is the biggest picture so it is relevent to the school magazine. The picture that overlaps this is a cut out picture I did of a friend. I cut out the picture in Photoshop and placed it over the main image of the school. I did this because I wanted to add more depth to the cover and wanted to show off techniques I am capable of doing on Photoshop.

In hindsight I wish I made the content features slightly bigger, so that it is easier to read. However, I like the contrast of the white to the backround image as it makes it clearer. I also wish I added more detail to the masthead as it's a little too simple and not very eye catching. I would have made it a bigger font and a bright colour.

1 comment:

  1. Good Points: Good clear image of the school
    Nice title colour, is eye catching

    Bad Points: Text goes over picture of Jenise, might move that
    Put a headline under your masthead so you can get more attention to the magazine

    ReplyDelete