Monday 8 November 2010

AS Research and Planning: Music Magazine Front Cover Mock Ups

This is my initial mock up of the front cover of my music magazine. For the masthead I have used the font Times New Roman- this is sophisticated and is more interesting than Arial. The content features is written in Adobe Caslon Pro- it is similair to Times New Roman and is sophisticated and feminine. The main content features that is relating to the front cover image is written in Times New Roman- like the masthead- and is tilted to the side slightly. This will be written in larger text than the other content features so that it stands out on the cover.




This is my second attempt at a music magazine front cover. I prefer this to my initial cover as there is a bigger variety of fonts but doesn't look as busy as the other one, due to a content feature strapline not obstructing the image. I have used Times New Roman as the masthead, as this looks sophisticated yet simple to read. I have used the font Bradley Hand ITC for the main content feature (which will be in relation to the image). I have used this and the font here is feminine and 'pretty', attracting the niche market of women. I have bolded it for emphasis on the fact it iwll be the main content feature. I have used Adobe Caslon Pro for the three other content features- this looks both sophisticated, feminine yet simple to read. Overall, this layout isn't too busy which I believe works in it's favour.

No comments:

Post a Comment