Thursday 13 October 2011

A2 Research and Planning: Movie Poster Questionnaire Results

I handed my questionnaire out to a sample of sixteen to twenty year olds. In order to get some honest feedback on my movie magazine, I have completed this study before construction of my cover begins so that I can make necessary changes to suit my target audience.

I used a sample size of twenty people, all between the ages of sixteen and twenty. I separated my sample size into groups of four and put examples of our work on separate tables. The students were given five minutes to fill out an individual questionnaire on my magazine cover before they moved on to assess my movie poster. This is my first attempt at a movie magazine cover.

What is your gender?


Ten males and ten females answered my questionnaire. This gives me an even distribution of boys and girls, whilst my target audience for my movie is predominantly male, my movie caters for females too. It will give me an even and fair series of results.


Does my poster look professional?


Sixteen respondents thought that my poster looked professional and authentic. My qualitative results show that they thought the greyscale suited the genre, the font was suitable, the image looked professional and the credits at the bottom looked authentic.


Would you feel more or less inclined to see the movie that this poster featured?


Thirteen of the respondents felt that they would feel more inclined to watch the movie after seeing the poster. Reasons they gave for this were that it was mysterious with the image of the woods with no human activity and wanted to know what it was about. Reasons for those who replied that they wouldn’t want to see the movie said that the poster was too dull to drab their attention. However, the majority believed that the poster promoted the movie well and suited the genre.


Which features do you like about my movie poster?



This question was multi optional which is why I have thirty six answers. Winning the majority vote is the image, reasons for this being that it was simple yet worked really well and the angle and greyscale effect looked mysterious. Second was font, reasons being that it looked menacing and sited the genre. The layout was praised for its simplicity and authentic looking credits. The colour scheme appealed to the respondents as although it greyscale, it works with the poster.


Which features do you dislike about my poster?


This question was also multi optional and received thirty responses. The most unpopular feature of the poster is the colour scheme, some thinking that it is too dark and dull. This is followed by the layout, arguing that the layout is too simple and it doesn’t grab their attention.

I will make the necessary alterations to my product to suit the answers to this questionnaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment